Business Unit Nuclear, our strategy
The Nuclear Business Unit's mission is to show nuclear professionalism from beginning till end, with nuclear safety as the absolute priority.
Our vision? Safe, reliable, and climate-friendly electricity and a professional decommissioning of our power plants to achieve Belgium's energy transition.
Our priorities? Operate our plants as nuclear professionals until the very last day and becoming a reference in the decommissioning of our nuclear plants. We therefore take care of our people, keep our machines in shape, look for solutions together with our stakeholders and generate value.
Business Unit Nuclear, our organisation
All ENGIE's nuclear activities in Belgium are grouped in a separate Business Unit, with Thierry Saegeman as Chief Executive Officer. He is in charge of the Nuclear Business Unit along with the following members of the Executive Committee:
- Thierry Saegeman, CEO BU Nuclear
- Antoine Assice, Site Director Nuclear Power Plant Tihange
- Grégory Casale, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Patrick Gaussent, Chief Financial Officer
- Els De Clercq, Chief Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Officer
- Peter Moens, Site Director Nuclear Power Plant Doel
- Jan Sterck, Chief Technical Officer
- Anne-Bérangère Sudraud, Chief Legal & Ethics Officer
- Els Thoelen, Chief Health & Safety, Security, Environment and Nuclear Safety Officer